Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Trogons :: Masked Trogon
Masked Trogon Trogon personatus
Described by: Gould (1842)
Alternate common name(s): Highland Trogon
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 5 more images.
RangeNw. and w. South America. Ne. South Ameica;
Two fragmented populations;
(1) N. Colombia (Santa Marta Mountains).
(2) Se. Venezuela (se. Bolivar on Ptaritepui and other mountains).
(3) N. Colombia and w. Venezuela s. in the c. and e. Andes through e. Ecuador to e. Peru.
(4) W. Colombia, w. Ecuador and w. Peru.
(5) C. and e. Andes of Colombia and Ecuador.
(6) Se. Peru (Puno) and Bolivia (Chuquisaca).
(7) Sc. Venezuela (Amazonas and nw. Bolivar, Mt. Duida).
(8) Se. Venezuela and w. Guyana (Mt. Roraima).
(9) Temerate Peru.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: John van der Woude
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.