Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Trogons :: Narina Trogon
Narina Trogon Apaloderma narina
Described by: Stephens (1815)
Alternate common name(s): Narina's Trogon
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeAfrica s. of the Sahara;
(1) Guinea, Burkina Faso, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria and the Cameroon.
(2) Lake Chad e. to Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia and s. to the n. fringes of the tropical forest and e. to n. Kenya.
(3) S. Cameroon, Gabon, Central African Republic to Zaire and Uganda.
(4) S. of the Congo River e. in Zaire to s. Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, w. Tanzania, n. Malawi s. to s. Angola, n. Namibia, n. Botswana, Zambia, e. highlands of Zimbabwe and adjacent Mozambique.
(5) Sw. Somalia, e. Kenya, e. Tanzania, Zanzibar Is., n. Mozambique, s. Malawi and Zimbabwe (Mt. Selinda).
(6) S. South Africa (s. Cape Province) and s. Mozambique. Winters n. to E. Zimbabwe, Malawi, n. and c. and Mozambique n. of the Save River.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.