Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cuckoos :: Mangrove Cuckoo
Mangrove Cuckoo Coccyzus minor
Described by: Gmelin, J. F. (1788)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeEx. se. United States, West Indies and Central America to n. South America;
Highly fragmented island populations;
(1) Se. United States (s. Florida) and the Bahamas Is.
(2) Greater Antilles.
(3) Cayman Is.
(5) Barbuda and Antigua Is.
(6) Montserrat, Guadeloupe and Dominica Is.
(7) Martinique, St. Lucia and St. Vincent Is.
(8) Bequia and Grenada Is.
(9) Tres Marias Is. and w. coast of Mexico on the w. slope s. from Sinaloa s. to w. Panama, and on the Caribbean slope from Tamaulipas s. to e. Nicaragua.
(10) E. coast of Mexico s. to Panama.
(11) Cozumel Is.
(12) Old Providence and St. Andrews Is.
(13) N. South America from e. Colombia, Venezuela and Trinidad to Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Cornell Lab of Ornithology
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Florida Museum of Natural History
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.