Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Pigeons and Doves :: Eared Dove
Eared Dove Zenaida auriculata
Described by: Des Murs (1847)
Alternate common name(s): Violet-eared Dove, Blue-eared Dove, Torpedo Dove, Bronze-necked Dove, Gold-neck Dove
Old scientific name(s): Zenaidura auriculata
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeWest Indies and South America;
(1) Lesser Antilles (St. Vincent, Grenada, Grenadines), Trinidad, Tobago and from c. Colombia (Bogota) through Venezuela, Netherland Antilles e. to Margarita, Tobago and Trinidad s. to the Rio Orinoco, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil to Rio Branco.
(2) W. Ecuador (Quito) and w. Peru (Lima).
(3) W. Colombia (Cauca Valley).
(4) Nc. Colombia in the Andes of Antioquia.
(5) E. Colombia and nw. Venezuela (Merida).
(6) Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire Is.
(7) Banks of the lower Amazon at a few locations (Diamantina near Santarem).
(8) Estuary of the Amazon River (Marajo and Mexiana Is.).
(9) Ne. Brazil (Maranhao, Piaui and Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)) and Fernando de Noronha Is.
(10) Bolivia and c. Brazil (Mato Grosso, Minas Gerais, Sao Paulo) s. to Uruguay and s. Argentina (Chubut) to Tierra del Fuego.
(11) C. Chile (Atacama to Llanquihue) and cw. Argentina (vicinity of Mendoza and Lake Nahuel Huapi) s. to n. Tierra del Fuego.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.