Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tanagers and Allies :: Green Honeycreeper
Green Honeycreeper Chlorophanes spiza
Described by: Linnaeus (1758)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 7 more images.
Range(1) S. Mexico (Oaxaca, Chiapas, and s. Campeche) and the Gulf-Caribbean slope of Honduras.
(2) Gulf-Caribbean slope of e. Honduras, Nicaragua and both slopes of Costa Rica, Panama, and nw. Colombia.
(3) Sw. Colombia, w. Ecuador, and nw. Peru.
(4) Colombia and w. Venezuela.
(5) Venezuela, Trinidad, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(6) Se. Colombia, e. Ecuador, e. Peru, n. and e. Bolivia, and se. Amazonian Brazil.
(7) E. Brazil (e. Bahia (Boa Nova, Una, and Porto Seguro).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.