Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Australasian Robins :: Gray-headed Robin
Gray-headed Robin Heteromyias albispecularis
Described by: Salvadori (1876)
Alternate common name(s): Ashy Robin, Grey-headed Robin, Grey-headed Thicket-robin, Gray-headed Thicket-robin, Ground Robin, White-browed Robin, Black-cheeked Robin, Ground Thicket-flycatcher, Ground Thicket-robin
Old scientific name(s): Poecilodryas albispecularis
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Range(1) Nw. New Guinea (Vogelkop).
(2) Nw. New Guinea (Weyland Mountains).
(3) Wc. New Guinea (Kumawa Mountains, Snow Mountains, Foya Mountains).
(4) C. New Guinea n. slope of the c. ranges.
(5) Se. New Guinea (Saruwaged Mountains, Herzog Mountains and se. ranges).
(6) Ne. Australia from Cooktown s. to the Townsville area (se. Cape York Peninsula in the Atherton Tablelands at The Crater National Park).
No videos are available for this species
Atherton Tablelands, Queensland, Australia - Nov, 2000 Source: Dan Mennill
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.