Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Fantails :: White-throated Fantail
White-throated Fantail Rhipidura albicollis
Described by: Vieillot (1818)
Alternate common name(s): White-throated Fantail-flycatcher
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeW. Himalayas to se. Asia, Sumatra, and Borneo;
Fragmented distribution in the se. range;
(1) Foothills of w. Himalayas from ne. Pakistan, nw. India (Kashmir), and w. Nepal.
(2) C. Himalayas of Nepal and Sikkim and the plains of Bangladesh s. to e. India (lower West Bengal).
(3) Ec. India (e. Madhya Pradesh, s. Bihar, and Orissa).
(4) E. Himalayas e. from Sikkim, ne. India (Assam), Bangladesh, w. and n. Burma.
(5) Se. Tibet, Burma, s. China (se. Xizang, and s. Sichuan s. to Yunnan, Guangxi), Thailand, n. Indochina and Hainan Is.
(6) S. peninsular Thailand, Malay Peninsula, and Sumatra.
(7) W. Borneo (Poi Range).
(8) Mountains of n. Borneo.
(9) S. Indochina.
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.