Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Fantails :: Rufous Fantail
Rufous Fantail Rhipidura rufifrons
Described by: Latham (1802)
Alternate common name(s): Black-breasted Rufous-fantail, Rufous-fronted Fantail
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeIslands of the sw. Pacific and e. Australia;
(1) N. and c. Moluccas (Halmahera, Ternate, Becan and Obi).
(2) N. Marianas (Guam).
(3) N. Marianas (Saipan and Tinian).
(4) N. Marianas (Agiguan Is. and Rota Is.).
(5) W. Caroline Is. (Yap).
(6) Santa Cruz Is. (Santa Cruz).
(7) S. Santa Cruz Is. (Vanikoro Is.).
(8) C. Santa Cruz Is. (Utupua).
(9) Nw. Solomon Is. (Buka Is., Bougainville, Choiseul, Santa Isabel).
(10) Sw. Solomon Is. (Vella Lavella, Mbava, Ranogga, Narovo, Gizo, Kolombangara, New Georgia, Gatukai, Rendova, and Tetepare).
(11) Ne. Solomon Is. (Malaita).
(12) C. Solomon Is. (Guadalcanal).
(13) Se. Solomon Is. (Ugi Is. off n. San Cristobal).
(14) Se. Solomon Is. (San Cristobal (Makira)).
(15) Se. Solomon Is. (Santa Ana Is. off e. San Cristobal).
(17) D'Entrecasteaux Archipelago (Fergusson Is.) and Louisiade Archipelago (Bonvouloir, Misima and Rossel Is.).
(18) Ne. Australia (ne. Queensland).
(19) Se. Australia in e. Queensland (e. Cape York Peninsula, Atherton Tablelands, Cairns and Lamington National Park), e. New South Wales (Kioloa rest area on the Princes Highway n. of Batemans Bay), Australian Capital Territory (Tidbinbilla along the Lyrebird Trail and Camelback Trail) and e. Victoria.
Disperses to n. Queensland and s. New Guinea (Trans-Fly region).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.