Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Old World Flycatchers :: Ashy Flycatcher
Ashy Flycatcher Muscicapa caerulescens
Described by: Hartlaub (1865)
Alternate common name(s): Little Blue Flycatcher, Blue-gray Flycatcher, Blue-grey Flycatcher, Ashy Alseonax, Blue-gray Alseonax, Blue-grey Alseonax
Old scientific name(s): Muscicapa cinerea, Eopsaltria cinerea
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 1 more images.
RangeW. and tropical to se. Africa;
Fragmented distribution in the w. part of its range;
(1) Sierra Leone, se. Guinea, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo and Benin.
(2) S. Nigeria, s. Cameroon, Gabon, n. Angola, Central African Republic and ex. s. Sudan.
(3) S. Angola to ne. Zaire, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, s. Somalia, c. Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, and Mozambique.
(4) N. Namibia, n. Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa (w. Transvaal).
(5) Mozambique to e. South Africa (e. Transvaal, Swaziland).
(6) South Africa (e. Transvaal, Natal and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.