Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Yellow-breasted Apalis
Yellow-breasted Apalis Apalis flavida
Described by: Strickland (1853)
Alternate common name(s): Yellow-chested Apalis, Brown-tailed Apalis
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
(1) Senegambia, Sierra Leone, n. Ivory Coast, Burkina Faso, s. Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Gabon, Congo, s. Central African Republic, s. Sudan, Uganda, nw. Kenya and s. to n. Angola (Cabinda).
(2) Se. Sudan, s. Ethiopia, n. Uganda, s. Somalia, and ne. Kenya.
(3) Highlands of Kenya (Mt. Kenya).
(4) Se. Kenya (Taita Hills) and n. Tanzania
(5) Angola, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Rwanda, Burudi, Tanzania including Zanzibar, se. Kenya s. in Zimbabwe, Mozambique (Sol do Save) and n. South Africa (Natal).
(6) W. and s. Angola, n. Namibia, n. Botswana, sw. Zambia, and nw. Zimbabwe.
(7) Se. South Africa (Natal and se. Cape Province s. to the Gamtoos River).
(8) S. Ethiopia, and nw. Somalia.
(9) Highlands of sw. Ethiopia (Illubabor).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.