Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Cisticolas and Allies :: Graceful Prinia
Graceful Prinia Prinia gracilis
Described by: Lichtenstein, M. H. C. (1823)
Alternate common name(s): Stripe-backed Prinia, Streaked Prinia, Graceful Warbler
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeTurkey to ne. Africa and e. to ne. India;
(1) Coastal s. Turkey.
(2) Syria, Israel s. to Sinai.
(3) Egypt (Nile Delta) and coastal Israel.
(4) Egypt (Natrun).
(5) S. Egypt to c. Sudan.
(6) Red Sea coast of Eritrea, Djibouti, and e. Ethiopia to s. Somalia.
(7) S. Arabia.
(8) E. Saudi Arabia and Bahrein.
(9) Coastal Oman.
(10) Iraq and sw. Iran possibly extending into ne. Syria.
(11) Se. Iran, sw. Afghanistan, n. and c. Pakistan to n. India.
(12) Se. Nepal to ne. India s. to Gujarat and the Ganges River Valley and the lower Brahmaputra Valley and Bangladesh.
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Frans van der Veen
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.