Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Thrushes and Allies :: Olive Thrush
Olive Thrush Turdus olivaceus
Described by: Linnaeus (1766)
Alternate common name(s): Abyssinian Thrush, Northern Olive Thrush, Mountain Thrush, African Mountain Thrush, Oldean's Thrush, Roehl's Thrush, Swynnerton's Thrush, Cape Thrush, Karoo Olive Thrush
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeE. to s. Africa;
(1) Mountains of s. Sudan, Ethiopia and Eritrea, n., w., and c. Kenya and ne. Tanzania s. to Loliondo.
(2) Ne. Tanzania (Kilimanjaro s. to Monduli).
(3) Mountains of nc. Tanzania (Mbulu and Crater Highlands).
(4) E. Zaire (Virunga Park), w. and s. Uganda (Ruwenzori Mountains).
(5) E. Zaire (Kivu), sw. Uganda, Ruanda, Burundi and nw. Tanzania.
(6) Mountains of ne. Tanzania.
(7) E. and s. Tanzania, n. Malawi and ne. Zambia.
(8) S. Malawi and nw. Mozambique.
(9) Mountains of e. Zimbabwe and w. Mozambique.
(10) Ne. South Africa (n. Transvaal) and w. Swaziland.
(11) S. Namibia, se. Botswana, and n. South Africa (n. Cape Province e. to the Orange Free State and sw. Tranvaal).
(12) Lowlands and mountains of sw. South Africa (sw. Cape Province).
(13) E. South Africa (w. KwaZulu-Natal).
(14) Se. South Africa (e. KwaZulu-Natal, Transkei and e. Cape Province).
No videos are available for this species
No sounds are available for this species
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.