Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Tyrant Flycatchers :: Yellow Tyrannulet
Yellow Tyrannulet Capsiempis flaveola
Described by: Lichtenstein, M. H. K. (1823)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): Phylloscartes flaveolus
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
RangeS. Central America, n., nw. and e. South America;
Ca. four populations;
(1) Caribbean slope of Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Panama including Coiba Is.
(2) Venezuela, nc. and e. Colombia, ne. Ecuador and ex. n. Peru.
(3) Guyana, Surinam, Guiana, n. Brazil.
(4) Colombia and w. Venezuela.
(5) Sw. Ecuador.
(6) S. Colombia, se. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)), n. and e. Bolivia, e. Paraguay and ne. Argentina (Misiones).
No videos are available for this species
Location unknown - Date unknown Source: Naturesongs.com
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.