Mangoverde :: World Bird Guide :: Typical Antbirds :: Barred Antshrike
Barred Antshrike Thamnophilus doliatus
Described by: Linnaeus (1764)
Alternate common name(s): None known by website authors
Old scientific name(s): None known by website authors
Select thumbnail to view larger image - Place cursor over image for image information
Select additional thumbnail page to view 7 more images.
RangeCentral America and tropical South America e. of the Andes;
Four major populations;
(1) E. Mexico (e. San Luis Potosi, s. Tamaulipas, Veracruz, e. Puebla, Yucatan Peninsula and Cozumel Is.) to e. Costa Rica.
(2) S. Mexico and n. Guatemala.
(3) W. Honduras to w. Costa Rica.
(4) Panama (Isla Coiba). Pearl Is.
(5) E. Panama and n. Colombia.
(6) N. Colombia.
(7) Ne. Colombia and nw. Venezuela.
(8) Tobago Is.
(9) Isla del Rey.
(10) E. Colombia, n. Venezuela and Trinidad.
(11) E. Venezuela, Guyana, Surinam, Guiana and n. Brazil.
(12) E. Ecuador, e. Peru and w. Brazil.
(13) Ne. Bolivia and sw. Brazil.
(14) E. Brazil (Bahia (Chapada Diamantina)).
(15) E. Brazil.
(16) E. Bolivia, s. Brazil and nw. Argentina.
(17) S. Bolivia, Paraguay and n. Argentina.
No videos are available for this species
Santa Rosa National Park, Costa Rica - Date unknown Source: Dan Mennill
Clements, James F. Birds of the World: A Checklist. Vista, CA: Ibis Publishing Company, 2000.
Comments/ErrorsPlease email with errors/comments on this page or to donate photos.
If there is no family list to the left, you may have arrived at this page from a direct link.
Please select "Mangoverde World Bird Guide" to view the entire bird site.